The World Olympic Summer School will be hosted in the International Olympic Academy in Ancient Olympia. Students will be accommodated in the premises of the Academy
The premises of the International Olympic Academy cover an area of 1.000.000 m2.
121 single, double or triple rooms, a restaurant, a football and an athletics stadium, a basketball and a volleyball court, a beach volley court, a swimming pool, a conference center with an amphitheater of 400 seats, conference rooms and classrooms, rest areas with ping-pong tables and T.V. for the students and private rest areas for the teachers are included.
The premises of the International Olympic Academy provide high level safety for the attendants of the Summer School:
- The I.O.A. is guarded by security 24 hours per day. No one can enter or exit the premises without permission of the organizers of the Summer School.
- The I.O.A. has its own fire safety systems including water tanks. The power generators of the premises ensure the smooth operation of the fire safety systems even in case of a power outage. These safety systems protected the I.O.A. from the fire in Ancient Olympia in August 2021.
- Upon their arrival in the I.O.A. students will be informed about the emergency evacuation plan of the premises in order for them to be prepared in case of an emergency.
- During the Summer School a pediatrician, rescuers, lifeguards and one ambulance will be available.
- All facilities (rooms, restaurant, sports fields, the conference center) are complete renovated. The renovation started in 2020 and was completed in March 2022.
- Except of the participation form parents have to fill also the Student’s Medical History Report, so that the medical team has a clear view of potential allergies etc.
- All participants are covered with a public liability insurance
Students of same gender and similar age will be accommodated in 3-beds rooms. Teachers/adults will be accommodated in single rooms. Each room is fully furnished with bathroom, W.C. and air-condition.
All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) will be prepared and served in the restaurant of the Academy.