1a.These are the terms and conditions on which we supply World Olympic Summer School services to participants. By submitting a Participation Form you agree to these terms personally and on behalf of the participant(s) you enrol. By submitting a Participation Form you confirm that you are the parent or legal guardian of the participant or – in case of the teacher – that you represent the participants, that the parents of the minor students listed are fully informed about the terms and conditions of the World Olympic Summer School and you have their consent for the participation of their children in the School. You also declare that all details given in the participation form are true and accurate.
1b. The organizers reserve the right to update and/or change the terms of participation, in case of unforeseen circumstances. Participants will be notified in time about any changes that might occur.
Compliance with the terms of the World Olympic Summer Camp indicated below is mandatory for every participant. No exceptions can be applied.
- The organizers reserve the right to alter the programme of the Symposium at any time without previous notification.
- The organizers are not in any way responsible for changes which may occur due to natural disasters (e.g. earthquakes, fires, etc.), terrorist attacks, strikes, etc.
- All participants are obliged to keep to the deadlines of the lectures as well as the activities, as set by the organizers.
- The teachers-escorts assume full responsibility for the students’ behavior and conduct in general in busses, accommodation, visiting sites, and venues where the school is held. Students are expected to fully comply with any suggestions made by the organizers and/or those responsible (e.g. drivers, escorts, accommodation etc.).
- Students should, in no account, endanger, with their behavior, their lives or the lives of others. For this reason, the following rules apply:
- While travelling by bus, students are not allowed to stand but must be seated and wear their safety belt.
- Students must keep quiet while staying in their rooms.
- Students are not allowed to mess, in any way, with electric or electronic devices that might be found in their rooms.
- Alcohol is forbidden.
- Smoking and drugs are forbidden.
- The unattended use of any premises or facilities is not allowed (e.g. swimming pools, athletic courts or fields etc.).
- In case of serious offence or non-conformity with the principles of the World Olympic Summer School and the guidelines of the organizers by any of the students, the parents/guardian or the school or educational institution in which these students study will be immediately notified and the students’ participation in the World Olympic Summer School will be terminated. In this unlikely event, parents/quardians will be asked to pick the student(s) up and depart using their own means of transport. Also, in this case, there will be no financial compensation for the participants, while, the organizers, if see it as necessary, will utilize all legal means in order to protect the World Olympic Summer School, the other participants and premises and sites of the event.
- The organizers are in no way responsible for any lost item no matter where this loss might occur. The only persons responsible for the safekeeping of personal items, as well as any electronic or other portable devices (e.g. PCs, mobile phones, tablets, jewellery) are their owners.
- The organizers reserve the right to upload digital material (photographs, videos) in the mass media (TV, the Internet etc.). Royalties of this material belong to the organizers. By submitting their applications, the participants forfeit all rights and claims to the material in which they appear. They also agree not to object to photo shooting of scenes or the recording of moving visual images in which they appear.
- The World Olympic Summer School is not open to the public. Students can communicate using their own mobile with their parents between the hours (local time): 08.00 a.m. – 09.30 a.m./14.00 p.m. – 15.00 p.m./21.00 p.m. – 22.00 p.m. The rest time of the day the mobiles of the students will be locked in special boxes and kept in the Academy. \
- Students are prohibited to use any electronic devise during the rest hours: 15.00 p.m. – 17.00 p.m. and 23.00 p.m. – 07.30 p.m.
- The phone numbers of the Team Leaders of each group will be available to the parents of the students of the group. The parents can communicate with the Team Leaders at any time.
- The organizers of the World Olympic Summer School are in no way responsible for the safety of the students’ transport to and from Ancient Olympia. The solely responsible for the transport of the participants is the office which provides these services to the organizers.
- The participants are in no way allowed to exit the premises of the International Olympic Academy.
- Parents/Guardians are not allowed to enter the Premises of the International Olympic Academy
- Arrival day and time of the participants: Sunday 19/06/2022 and/or Sunday 03/06/2022 10:00 – 13:00
- Departure day and time of the participants: Sunday 03.06/2022 and/or Sunday10.06.2022 10:00 – 13.00
- If for any reason the student’s parents / guardians wish a third party (other than themselves) to pick up the child from the School, the legal written authorization of the parents / guardians is required. Therefor,they should send the organizing Committee an e-mail with this information and the details of the person, who will pick up the student. Upon the arrival the third party should provide a passport or personal ID card.
- The meals plan is common for all and no exceptions can be made.
- Medicines (even paramedical preparations, vitamins, etc.) are delivered only to the School doctor by the parents / guardians and remain there until the studentleaves. Parents / guardians at their own risk undertake to inform the doctor appropriately and in detail about the reason for taking the medication, its recommended dosage, the name of the doctor who recommended the treatment, the prescription and his contact phone number. It is strictly forbidden for participants to carry any medicine or paramedical device in their luggage.
- Registration and payment
Parents/Guardias or Teachers have to fill the participation form with the required information. Since the number of participants is limited, the order of priority shall be established by the date the participation form was sent to the organizers. After receiving the form, organizers will send an e-mail to the parent/teacher with information about the registration, the total fee of the participation.
The payment of the participation fee has to be made 5 days after the submission of the participation form the latest. In case the payment is not made by the deadline, the registration will be canceled. After the deposit to the bank account no refunds can be made for any reason.
The participation fee is 1200 euros/week/participant
The package includes:
- Accommodation (7 nights in I.O.A.)
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Twice a day snack is also offered.
- Transfer from/to the Athens International Airport or Kalamata International Airport
- Transfer Athens/Kalamata – Ancient Olympia – Athens/Kalamata by bus
- Transfer to the locations of the activities
- Sightseeing tour (Ancient Olympia)
- Health insurance
- Air tickets are not included.
- 5. Health Participation form and Medical Attention
5.1 Health report Form.In addition to a completed Participation Form, for each minor participant we require the submission of an online Health Report Form. In the form it is required to include any medical issues or conditions of the minor participant(s). It is imperative that we are notified of any medical, health problem or allergy, any disability, which might affect the participant(s)’ welfare or happiness or any concerns about the participant(s)’ safety whether long term or short term. The submission of the Health Report Form is mandatory for the participation of the student(s) in the World Olympic Summer School.
5.2 Medical Attention. If a participant requires urgent medical attention while under our care, all reasonable efforts will be made to obtain your prior consent. However, if it is not practicable for us to contact you in time (for example because the participant requires urgent medical treatment recommended by a doctor or other medical practitioner), you authorise us to consent on your behalf to the participant receiving emergency medical treatment by a member of the medical team as necessary for the participant’s You also agree to us giving first aid medical care if required.
5.3 The organizers reserve the right not to accept the participation of a student in case they consider that the medical history may endanger the student himself or the smooth operation of the World Olympic Summer School.
6. Personal Information
7.1 Use of information
We are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. World Olympic Summer Camp will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them. Examples of such information are:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, country
The information collected will be used to send you the information you have requested and to provide information that may be useful to you.The World Olympic Summer Camp maintains strict policies to avoidunsolicited correspondence. We do not sell or share any information about individual users.
7.3 Data protection
Any information submitted to this site is used expressly for the the purposes for which you provide it. The Organizing Committee will not pass your information to any other parties, unless required by law.
In addition to the company’s safeguards, your personal data is protected by The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Law Enforcement Directive and other rules concerning the protection of personal data.. This provides amongst other things that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should be kept up to date, where necessary,and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. If you have concerns about the processing of your personal data by the Organizing Committee you may contact us email@example.com If you find any inaccuracies, we will delete or correct them promptly.
7.5 Policy changes and Security
Any changes to this policy will be posted here.The Organizing Committee treats all the data held with the utmost care and security.Any details you give will remain completely confidential.
- Covid-19 protocol
The Covid-19 protocol will be uploaded on the site. All attendants are obliged to participate in the World Olympic Summer School following the protocol with no exceptions. The Organizing Committee can update the protocol according to the Lows of the Hellenic Republic. In this case all attendants will be informed immediately.
The law applicable to this Agreement, as well as the relations (rights and obligations) of the parties deriving from this Agreement, shall be the law of the Hellenic Republic and exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes have the Courts of the Hellenic Republic in Athens, Greece.